We are currently finalizing dates for this tour.
($550 single supplement)
• 6 breakfasts,
• 4 lunches,
• 7 dinners (one bottle of wine per couple with dinner or half bottle per single; unlimited wine at two lunches, single glass at two lunches)
• Transfers between the Marseilles airport or Avignon TGV station and hotel, if arriving within a timeframe set up by Two Dog Travel
• All accommodations from start to end of tour
• All transportation during the tour (air-conditioned mini bus or 8-passenger vans)
• All included group activities, wine tastings, entry fees as per itinerary
• A full-time Two Dog Travel tour director with you and available 24/7
• A local professional bi-lingual guide for most activities
• All local guide, driver and restaurant tips are included per itinerary
What's not included
• Airfare, airport taxes and other transportation to and from the pickup location
• Personal charges such as laundry, telephone calls, rooms service, mini-bar, souvenirs
• Private excursions not mentioned in the itinerary
• Gratuities for chambermaids or personal porters
• Gratuities for your Tour Dog Travel tour director (at your discretion)
• Single supplement of $450 if not sharing a room
Day 1 - After your overnight flight to France, you will be transferred to our hotel on the edge of St Remy de Provence. After checking in and freshening up we will visit St Paul de Mausole, the asylum where Van Gogh was a self-admitted patient and created over 140 paintings and 100 drawings. We will see some of the exact locations where he set up his easel and painted some of his most famous paintings. In the evening we meet for dinner at the hotel where we will enjoy our first true taste of Provence as we are introduced to the local food and wine of the region.
Day 2 - Today you visit one of the most famous wine regions in the world: Chateauneuf du Pape. We begin by visiting a 13th century cellar where during our tasting class we learn of the area’s AOC regulations, its history and how to taste and recognize the subtleties of the local wines. After a short walk through the village enjoying the view from the ruins of the ancient pope’s summer castle, we drive into the vineyards where we will be met by Eddie, a local winery owner. We will enjoy a typical Provençal country lunch prepared by Eddie himself as we sit under the trees among his vines enjoying a view of Mont Ventoux in the distance. After our relaxing time among the vineyards we will head to the small village of Tavel. After another tasting session we will begin to understand why in Tavel, it is said that rosé is king.