12 days/11 nights | March 11-22, 2023
based on double occupancy
($1695 optional single supplement)
$280 extra hotel night before the start of the tour based on double occupancy, $350 for single occupancy
• 10 breakfasts
• 5 lunches
• 10 dinners
• Bottled water included with meals
• Transfers to and from Kilimanjaro airport
• All accommodations from start to end of tour
• All transportation during the tour (domestic flight - Seronera, to Zanzibar, and safari jeep or van transportation)
• All included group activities
• A full-time Two Dog Travel tour director with you and available 24/7
• Private jeep and English-speaking guide during all safaris
What's not included
• Tanzania Visa ($100 USD in cash upon arrival to Kilimanjaro Airport.
• Airfare, airport taxes and other transportation to and from Kilimanjaro Airport
• Alcoholic beverages
• Personal charges such as laundry, telephone calls, rooms service, mini-bar, souvenirs
• Private excursions not mentioned in the itinerary
• Optional gratuities for safari guides, drivers and chambermaids
• Optional gratuity for your Tour Dog Travel tour director
• Single supplement of $1695 if not sharing a room
Tour Director - Jessica Floe
The tour begins and ends at Kilimanjaro International Airport.
If it makes sense, Two Dog Travel will be offering a group rate for the international air from Washington Dulles Airport. Please contact us if you are interested.
Day 1 - Overnight Mount Meru Game Lodge - D
Welcome to Tanzania! On arrival at Kilimanjaro International Airport you will be met by a driver and transferred to beautiful Mount Meru Game Lodge where you can relax after your long flight. Set in beautiful and tranquil surroundings, the lodge is nestled between the Usa river and the sanctuary. The sanctuary is home to water buffalo, birds and monkeys, including the elusive Colobus monkey. You may choose to go on a guided cultural walk in the local town, visit a local coffee plantation or explore the area by mountain bike. Later in the evening we will meet up as a group for our welcome dinner.
Day 2 - Overnight Plantation Lodge - B, L, D
After breakfast, we’ll drive to Manyara where we'll visit a local Maasai Village. We'll meet the people of the village, visit their homes and learn about the life of the Maasai. It's sure to be one of the highlights of the trip. After our visit we'll enjoy lunch before heading to Plantation Lodge where we'll check in and relax before time for dinner.