9 days/8 nights | March 5 - 13, 2021
($775 single supplement)
Additional hotel night
before start of tour: $280 single occupancy/$175 per person based on double occupancy. Airport transfer, dinner night of arrival and breakfast the next morning included.
• 8 breakfasts,
• 7 lunches
• 7 dinners
• Bottled water included with meals
• Transfers to and from Kilimanjaro airport
• All accommodations from start to end of tour
• All transportation during the tour (domestic flight - Arush to Seronera, and safari jeep or van transportation)
• All included group activities
• A full-time Two Dog Travel tour director with you and available 24/7
• Private jeep and English-speaking guide during all safaris
What's not included
• Tanzania Visa ($100 USD in cash upon arrival to Kilimanjaro Airport.
• Airfare, airport taxes and other transportation to and from Kilimanjaro Airport
• Alcoholic beverages
• Personal charges such as laundry, telephone calls, rooms service, mini-bar, souvenirs
• Private excursions not mentioned in the itinerary
• Optional gratuities for safari guides, drivers and chambermaids
• Optional gratuity for your Tour Dog Travel tour director
• Single supplement of $750 if not sharing a room
The tour begins and ends at Kilimanjaro International Airport.
Two Dog Travel will be offering a group rate for the international air from Washington Dulles Airport. Please contact us if you are interested.
NOTE: This tour can be combined with a few extra days on the exotic island of Zanzibar. If you plan to do the Zanzibar extension please note that you will be flying from Dar es Salaam for your flight back to the states.
Day 1 - Overnight Arusha Serena Hotel Resort & Spa - D
Welcome to Tanzania! On arrival at Kilimanjaro International Airport you will be met by a driver and transferred to the 4-star Arusha Serena Hotel Resort & Spa where you can relax after your long flight. Nestled at the foot of the wooded slopes of Mount Meru, the hotel is set amid coffee plantations on the shores of tranquil Lake Duluti. Accommodation is in cottage-styled rooms surrounded by extensive landscaped grounds. Once you’ve settled in you might want to take in the lovely surrounds with a walk, mountain biking or canoeing on the lake – all activities offered at the hotel. Later in the evening we will meet up as a group for our welcome dinner.
Day 2 - Overnight Serengeti Serena Lodge - B, L, D
After breakfast, we’ll be transferred to Arusha airport for our light aircraft flight to Seronera Airstrip and onto the Serengeti. Following check in and lunch, we’ll enjoy an afternoon game drive in Serengeti National Park. The Serengeti offers arguably the most scintillating game-viewing in Africa: great herds of buffalo, smaller groups of elephant and giraffe, and thousands upon thousands of eland, topi, impala and Grant’s gazelle. Lion prides feast on the abundance of plain grazers. Solitary leopards haunt the acacia trees lining the Seronera River, while a high density of cheetahs prowl the south eastern plains. The 4-star Serengeti Serena Lodge is centrally located adjacent to the famous Western Corridor and Grumeti River. Each separate “rondavel hut” has a balcony with a view of the vast Serengeti plains.